Micro-needling Skin Therapy
(also referred to as: fractional micro-needling)
Skin Types / Indications:
1. Good for use on: All skin types.
• Skin tightening, lifting and rejuvenation
• Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
• Improvement of stretch marks
• Minimizing of pore size
• Improvement of keloid, surgical and acne scars
Micro-needling is a fractional micro-needling device with a unique spring-loaded disposable needle tip that uses an automated, vibrating stamp-like motion. The automated needling motion minimizes pain and discomfort, while increasing the effectiveness of treatments by promoting the even absorption of topicals into the skin. The Micro-needling invigorates damaged and aging skin by harnessing the mechanisms associated with the body’s natural wound healing processes. The process is called Percutaneous Collagen Induction Therapy. Each single disposable cartridge contains 11 tiny 33 gauge stainless steel needles. These needles are used to micro-injure the skin at very high speeds and at specific penetration lengths. By creating a small dermal injury to the skin, the body responds with a physiological process that stimulates fibroblasts to create collagen and elastin in the epidermis. This process improves skin thickness, color, texture and evenness.
• Short procedure – typically 40 minutes
• No cross-infection – disposable needles
• Redness lasts for only 12 hours
• Can resume wearing makeup and usual activities the next day
Generally, it is recommended patients have the micro-needling treatment every 4 weeks for 3-6 months for optimum results.